Sunday, October 21, 2012

it's a 21st party.

A few weekends ago was my joint 21st party with my best friend/boyfriend and because I love baking so much I decided to bake a few treats for the guests. I baked jam donut cupcakes, red velvet cupcakes and a chocolate coffee layered cake (as per request by the birthday boy), but with a special twist (also requested by the birthday boy).

I was so proud of myself when I completed the cake as I only had one chance to get it right on the day (although I did practice the icing the week before, JUST IN CASE). It was so pretty that nobody cut it on the night, which was a good thing for us as we inhaled this monster the next morning ;)

The blue icing is just vanilla icing with one teaspoon of blue colouring. The same vanilla icing from my red velvet recipe ;)

I also learnt a very important as I made these cakes for the party - the correct ingredients + the correct amount of ingredients + a good oven makes a world of difference!



Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. I missed out on the cookie monster!! Oh NOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...