Monday, January 7, 2013

pumpkin soup.

I love pumpkin soup! I have always loved it as a kid, however, as I grew up I noticed canned soups made me feel sick and just didn't taste right, and let's not even go near powdered sachet soups! So I decided to start making my own, this way I could control the flavours and knew the ingredients I used were the real deal and not fake, powered, imitation flavours of pumpkin.

This recipe is perfect for winter, but my wisdom teeth don't like to follow the weather when it comes to growing time and therefore rendering me unable to eat.

This recipes makes a generous serving...I drink a lot of soup so I can't tell you exactly how many "regular" servings it gives BUT I can tell you it has 1L of stock....

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 whole butternut pumpkin
  • 3 medium (handful) sized potatoes
  • 1 medium sized brown onion
  • 1L chicken stock
  • Drizzle of oil
  • Salt & pepper to flavour
METHOD:
  1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
  2. Chop pumpkin and potatoes in small chunks
  3. Roast pumpkin and potatoes with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil - I love pepper so I cover it generously
  4. Roast for approximately 30mins
  5. Sautee onions until soft
  6. Throw in pumpkin and potatoes into pan along with chicken stock
  7. Simmer for approximately 15mins
  8. Puree ingredients and VOILA! You have pumpkin soup! Have it on its own, or with a little bit of bread!
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...