Tuesday, September 11, 2012

peanut butter cup cookies.

I love peanut butter cups. When I went to Costco recently I bought a HUGE bag of them, and amazingly there are still plenty left. Until this recipe came around.

I stumbled across this recipe via Market HQ's blog. The original recipe is from Baking Boy and after I saw how I could merge my two favourite things, peanut butter cups and cookies, together, I knew it was meant to be!

Let's just say I'm very lucky I have a boyfriend and his family to share all these baked goodies with otherwise I would probably have to put my fashion blog on hiatus as I tried to fit back into my clothes.

Note: If you haven't noticed this yet, I'm not very good at following recipes to a tee... (you'll see what I mean...)

This recipe makes 24 cookies.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1¾ cups plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt - I did two twists of rock salt in a grinder
  • ½ cup softened unsalted butter - I used about half a 250g block, aka 125g
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup peanut butter - I used smooth peanut butter and scooped out about half a 500g jar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - I used one cap of vanilla essence instead
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk - I used two caps of skim milk
  • enough miniature peanut butter cups, in my case 24

METHOD:
  1. Preheat oven to 200˚C
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
  3. In a separate bowl mix the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter until well mixed
  4. Mix in the egg, vanilla and milk into this butter mixture
  5. Add the flour mixture in intervals
  6. Use a tablespoon to scoop enough dough to make into small balls - mine were about the size of a golf ball
  7. Place them on greaseproof/baking paper about 4cm apart - careful they expand a fair bit once cooked
  8. Bake for about 8-10mins, or until the edges begin to brown
  9. While the cookies bake unwrap the peanut butter cups
  10. Once the cookies are out of the oven quickly pop the peanut butter cups in the centre of each cookie
  11. Let the cookies cool before touching as they're very soft
  12. Voila! Have them while they're hot and the peanut butter cups are warm and gooey (pictured) but don't worry, they're just as gooey and delightful the next day too ;)
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Frankly, I love anything peanut butter and chocolate. I have to actually force myself not to make peanut butter and chocolate desserts, otherwise that's all I'd have on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter and chocolate is a wonderful combination, and on it's own! I made peanut butter cupcakes once and they were DIVINE! And yeah, I feel there might be a big chocolate theme coming on my blog...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...