Monday, December 10, 2012

pumpkin, feta with rocket & spinach salad.

This salad is my signature salad. I make it as a side for most of my meals or just as lunch. It's quick, it's simple (I just taught my boyfriend how to make this, so yeah, it's simple) and it's healthy, well...depending of whether you used light feta and how much of it you use...

This recipe makes approximately 3-4 servings.

INGREDIENTS:

  • One bag of rocket & spinach salad mix - the one I buy from is about 150g per bag
  • Half a butternut pumpkin
  • 200g feta cheese - every now and again I would use light or reduced fat
  • Paprika - I like using the spicy paprika oppose to the sweet
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Dash of oil

METHOD:
  1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
  2. Skin and cut pumpkin into bite-sized chunks
  3. Lightly coat pumpkin in oil and season with paprika and pepper, generously and crack a little bit of salad then rub the mixture in thoroughly on a baking tray
  4. Pop tray into oven for approximately 30mins, or until slightly golden
  5. Put a handful of salad mix into a bowl, crush some feta and top with pumpkin
  6. VOILA! Simple, healthy and most importantly, tasty salad to have either as a side or as a meal!

Image from @lpmmags Instagram.
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...